By Jonathan S. Berek MD MMS
The most appropriate textual content in gynecology is in its Fourteenth variation, completely revised and up-to-date and now in complete colour all through. geared up into 8 sections, this complete and common gynecological textbook presents suggestions for the administration of particular gynecological stipulations. the 1st sections hide ideas of perform and preliminary overview and the suitable uncomplicated technology. The 3rd part is on preventive and first deal with ladies, and the remainder 5 sections are directed at tools of analysis and administration often gynecology, operative normal gynecology, urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgical procedure, reproductive endocrinology, and gynecologic oncology.
Read or Download Berek & Novak's Gynecology PDF
Best obstetrics & gynecology books
Released in collaboration with the yankee university of Obstetricians and Gynecologists! demonstrated because the commonplace source for clerkship, Obstetrics and Gynecology is now in its revised 6th version. All chapters were completely up to date by means of a panel of Junior Fellows within the American university of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and reviewed through well known educators and practitioners.
For pregnant girls within the Thirties and Forties Dr Grantly Dick-Read (1890-1959) proposed usual childbirth because the `normal' solution to have infants, making medicines, tools and hospitalisation pointless. His booklet Childbirth with no worry, first released in 1933, said the thrill of usual childbirth; ladies from worldwide wrote lengthy, particular and poignant letters in reaction, describing their very own stories in giving start.
Because the box of gynecologic surgical procedure evolves at a swift velocity, remain prior to the group with Te Linde’s Atlas of Gynecologic surgical procedure, your most excellent consultant to pelvic anatomy and surgical applied sciences. excellent for either gynecologists-in-training and veteran physicians, this tome of knowledge imparts the most recent novel ideas that would retain your perform at the industry’s leading edge.
This atlas and advisor ebook is concentrated on gynecological ultrasound, a space that has remained within the shadow of obstetric ultrasound & fetal medication. Gynecological ultrasound has visible swift advances because of increasing examine and greater ultrasound gear. This ebook leverages those advances and gives plentiful illustrations and perform issues of classical and new ultrasound positive factors.
- Essential obstetrics and gynaecology, 5th Edition
- Manual of Benirschke and Kaufmann's Pathology of the Human Placenta
- Cesarean Delivery: A Comprehensive Illustrated Practical Guide (Series in Maternal Fetal Medicine)
- 120 questions en gynécologie-obstétrique, Edition: 3e édition
Additional resources for Berek & Novak's Gynecology
JAMA 1993;269:1667–1668. 8. Shenolikar RA, Balkrishnan R, Hall MA. How patient-physician encounters in critical medical situations affect trust: results of a national survey. BMC Health Serv Res 2004;4:24. 9. Lo B, Dornbrand L, Dubler NN. HIPAA and Patient care: the role for professional judgment. JAMA 2005;293:1766–1771. 10. Mishler EG, Clark JA, Ingelfinger J, Simon MP. The language of attentive patient care: a comparison of two medical interviews. J Gen Intern Med 1989;4:325–335. 11. The Headache Study Group of the University of Western Ontario.
The technique of examination is different from that used for examining an adult and may need to be tailored to the individual child based on her age, size, and comfort with the examiner. A speculum examination should not be performed in a prepubertal child in the office. A young child can usually be examined best in a “frog leg” position on the examining table. htm (23 of 28) [24/12/2006 9:33:01 μμ] Ovid: Berek & Novak's Gynecology Some very young girls (toddlers or infants) do best when held in their mother's arms.
27. Erhardt LR. The essence of effective treatment and compliance is simplicity. Am J Hypertens 1999;12:105S–110S. 28. Parker RM, Williams MV, Baker DW, et al. Literacy and contraception: exploring the link. Obstet Gynecol 1996;88:72S–77S. 29. Cousins N. The laughter connection. In: Cousins N ed. Head first: the biology of hope and the healing power of the human spirit. New York, NY: Penguin Books, 1989:125–153. 30. Epstein RM, Alper BS, Quill TE. Communicating evidence for participatory decision making.
- Berek and Hacker’s Gynecologic Oncology by Jonathan S. Berek MD MMS, Neville F. Hacker AM MD
- Preterm birth: mechanisms, mediators, prediction, by F Petraglia; Society for Gynecologic Investigation