By Jonathan S. Berek MD MMS, Neville F. Hacker AM MD
- Concise, complete assurance guarantees your entry to present wisdom of basic ideas, in addition to clinical and surgical operation for the entire variety of gynecologic cancers: cervical, breast, ovarian, vulvar and vaginal, and uterine.
- Evidence-based, templated chapters velocity you on to the data you need.
- Extensively revised, separate chapters at the most modern suggestions in laparoscopy and robotics hold you as much as date.
- Expert authorship, together with the services of various overseas individuals, retains you on the vanguard of your box and is helping you organize for board exams.
- New illustrations and drawings, in addition to pathology slides and clinically-relevant diagrams, assist you visualize key concepts.
- Complete content material with stronger navigation
- A strong seek software that draws effects from content material within the booklet, your notes, or even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and extra for simple navigation
- Highlighting device for simpler reference of key content material in the course of the text
- Ability to take and proportion notes with acquaintances and colleagues
Read or Download Berek and Hacker’s Gynecologic Oncology PDF
Best obstetrics & gynecology books
Released in collaboration with the yank collage of Obstetricians and Gynecologists! tested because the ordinary source for clerkship, Obstetrics and Gynecology is now in its revised 6th version. All chapters were completely up-to-date by way of a panel of Junior Fellows within the American collage of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and reviewed via popular educators and practitioners.
For pregnant girls within the Nineteen Thirties and Forties Dr Grantly Dick-Read (1890-1959) proposed traditional childbirth because the `normal' method to have infants, making medicinal drugs, tools and hospitalisation pointless. His publication Childbirth with out worry, first released in 1933, talked about the fun of average childbirth; girls from worldwide wrote lengthy, certain and poignant letters in reaction, describing their very own studies in giving delivery.
Because the box of gynecologic surgical procedure evolves at a swift velocity, remain sooner than the gang with Te Linde’s Atlas of Gynecologic surgical procedure, your most effective advisor to pelvic anatomy and surgical applied sciences. ideal for either gynecologists-in-training and veteran physicians, this tome of data imparts the newest novel concepts that would hold your perform at the industry’s leading edge.
This atlas and advisor e-book is targeted on gynecological ultrasound, a space that has remained within the shadow of obstetric ultrasound & fetal medication. Gynecological ultrasound has obvious fast advances due to increasing examine and enhanced ultrasound gear. This publication leverages those advances and gives ample illustrations and perform issues of classical and new ultrasound gains.
- Endometriosis: Advances and Controversies
- Problem Solving in Women's Health
- Pathologie: Zytopathologie (German Edition)
Extra resources for Berek and Hacker’s Gynecologic Oncology
Mammalian cells have highly evolved and complex DNA repair systems to maintain the integrity of the genome. A series of cell cycle checkpoints exist that allow the opportunity to pause for successful DNA repair, or alternatively for cell death if repair cannot be accomplished. DNA damage checkpoints occur at the boundaries between G1/S and G2/M and during S phase and mitotic spindle assembly. These checkpoints serve to protect against genetic damage that can lead to malignant transformation being fixed in the genome.
The propensity to accumulate mutations in microsatellite sequences is referred to as microsatellite instability (MSI). Some microsatellite sequences are in noncoding areas of the genome, whereas others are within genes. It is thought that the accumulation of mutations in microsatellite sequences of tumor suppressor genes may inactivate them and accelerate the process of malignant transformation. The Amsterdam and Bethesda criteria have been developed to provide clinical guidelines for the diagnosis of Lynch syndrome.
Overexpression of HER-2/neu in breast cancer has been associated with poor survival. Expression of HER-2/neu is increased in a fraction of ovarian cancers, and overexpression has been associated with poor survival in some studies (181,182). However, ovarian cancers with HER-2/neu overexpression rarely have high-level gene amplification. indd 26 9/12/14 12:26 PM Chapter 1 Biology and Genetics metastatic disease (183). The use of this drug is restricted to patients whose cancers have been shown to overexpress HER-2/neu based on immunohistochemical analysis of protein levels and/ or FISH analysis of gene amplification in paraffin tumor tissue blocks.
- Current algebras and anomalies by Sam B. Treiman, Roman Jackiw
- Berek & Novak's Gynecology by Jonathan S. Berek MD MMS